Career Opportunity at COSTI
COSTI REQUIRES CLINICAL COUNSELLORS FOR ITS FAMILY AND MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAM
This is a full time Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
• Facilitates intake and conducts mental health assessments for Government Sponsored Refugees and Newcomer adults, youth, children and their, families.
• Provides crisis intervention to adults, youth and children experiencing a mental health or emotional crisis.
• Provides Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioral Treatment to children, youth and families.
• Provides individual, couples and family counselling to children, adults, couples and families experiencing personal, emotional or mental health problems.
• Develops and implements a treatment plan for children, youth and families.
• Facilitates group counselling.
• Develops and implements a child/youth and/or adult support groups to focus on settlement stress, school adjustment, emotional, and behavioral issues unique to refugees.
• Conduct off-site clinical visits across the GTA.
• Facilities psycho-educational workshops on stress management, anxiety, depression and trauma.
• Assist clients to gain insight, define goals, and plan action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
• Makes referrals to appropriate health/mental health and social service agencies.
• Liaises with other organizations, schools and service providers.
• Enters statistical client data in COSTI’s client database and prepares quarterly report.
• Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent with one (1) year clinical counselling experience working with refugee populations.
• Demonstrated clinical skills to work with adults, children and families experiencing mental health issues.
• Experience in facilitating group counselling with a focus on children’s mental health and their unique issues.
• Sound culturally competent clinical skills.
• Must be ability speak one or more of the following languages: Arabic, Dari, Farsi, French, Spanish, and Somali.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Knowledge of mental health disorders, treatments and psychosocial interventions.
• Knowledge of the adult/children’s mental health system.
• Knowledge of Trauma theory and recovery.
• Knowledge of Trauma informed practice.
• Knowledge of refugee mental health issues.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Sensitive to and aware of the social problems facing refugees and immigrants.
• Required to travel to employer sites throughout the GTA and access to a reliable vehicle is necessary.
|1700 Wilson Ave., Toronto
Duration of Position:
|Starting May 3, 2021
Starting Salary Range:
| 60,095 to $64,677 per annum + Benefits
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
This position provides individual, couples and group counselling to the refugee population in the Greater Toronto Area
If you are interested, please quote Reference #69-21
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.