Career Opportunity at COSTI
Housing / Settlement Worker
COSTI REQUIRES FOUR (4) HOUSING/SETTLEMENT WORKERS FOR A HOSTING PROGRAM AT THE NORTH YORK CENTRE
This is a non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
with a possibility of extension.
This position provides mobile case management services for newly arrived Ukrainian families to enable them to settle in temporary accommodatio
- Places newly arrived Ukrainian families in the assigned accommodation by escorting them to their temporary home.
- Provides case management planning, needs assessment, supportive counselling, crisis intervention and information and referral services.
- Conducts community mapping and engages volunteers in the settlement process.
- Conducts home visits and delivers off-site services to offer post housing/settlement stabilization services.
- Liaisons and mediates with host families with or on behalf of clients.
- Assists clients to establish and maintain links with appropriate resources including services relating to employment, language training, settlement, general health care, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Keeps administrative records of services and activities, inputs data using CIS, the agency database, and completes narrative reports monthly.
- Conducts exit interviews when all client needs in the initial settlement plan are addressed; seeks feedback from service providers and host families.
- Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working within the Settlement and Housing Help Sector
- Demonstrated experience in housing search, housing applications, and connecting with landlords.
- Demonstrated knowledge of eviction prevention, housing access, housing stabilization and special priority housing applications.
- Demonstrated ability to provide case management to vulnerable population.
- Knowledge of specific issues facing refugees and immigrants, race relations, gender, abuse survivors and mental health.
- Knowledge of settlement and housing related services and resources, with an emphasis on the services and resources that exist within the Greater Toronto Area.
- Knowledge of Internet, Email and Windows software e.g. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in data-entry, documentation and reporting.
- Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
- Access to a vehicle is essential as frequent travel to multiple locations within the GTA is required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including some evenings.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months.
- Must be able to speak Ukrainian
- Ability to speak Russian and/or Polish an asset.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
|Sheridan Mall, 1700 Wilson Avenue, Suite 114, Toronto
Duration of Position:
|June 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023
Starting Salary Range:
|$47,790 to $51,435 per annum + benefits
|Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #120-22
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.