Career Opportunity at COSTI
COSTI REQUIRES AN OFFICE ASSISTANT FOR ITS LANGUAGE & SKILLS TRAINING SERVICES, AT THE YORK REGION WELCOME CENTRES
This is a part-time non-union contract position scheduled to work 11 hours per week:
(Monday and Wednesday 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Friday: 11.30 am to 4.30 p.m.)
Program Closure Dates: July 1, 2022 to September 5, 2022.
December 20, 2022 - January 2,
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) program.
- Handles student and employer inquiries in person, on the telephone and via email regarding COSTI’s programs and services.
- Verifies, complies, corrects and types statistical reports.
- Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates for signature regarding status of students.
- Liaises with assessment centres for client intake assessment and placement.
- Responsible for client registration.
- Collects and inputs client data into CIS and HARTs systems.
- Prepares materials for program outreach.
- Prepares and verifies petty cash for manager.
- Orders office supplies as required.
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
- Assists with reception duties at the Welcome Centre as required
- Ability to work remotely and independently using the phone, computer and internet.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1year office experience
- Experience using virtual meeting tools such as Zoom, MS Teams.
- Knowledge of Google Drive is required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, Internet and email.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers.
- Knowledge of CIS, HARTs or iCARE would be an asset.
- Ability to speak Ukrainian or Russian languages would be an asset.
- Ability to work at both Vaughan and Newmarket Welcome Centres
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
|9100 Jane Street, Vaughan & 16655 Yonge St. Newmarket
Duration of Position:
|June 6, 2022 to March 31, 2023
Starting Salary Range:
|$21.89 to $23.56 per hour
|Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #124-22
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.