Pathway to Success: Life Skills, Career and Small Business Program for Women
This program addresses critical issues leading to acquiring of self-confidence, life management and job search skills. It will enable women to participate confidently and fully in today's changing labour market and to achieve economic success and social integration in their communities.
It consists of 9 workshops, 3 days per week and successful participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Workshop Topics Include:
• Recognize the most common signs of low self-esteem
• Learn strategies and positive affirmations to increase self-esteem
Stress Management & Time Management
• Learn & practice stress management techniques to gain a greater sense of personal power
• Assess how you use your time & discuss the importance of aligning your daily activities to your goals
Health and Wellness
• Learn the benefits and be empowered to implement simple yet effective physical activities in your daily schedule to lose weight, relieve stress and anxiety
• Examine healthy food choices and understand why proper nutrition is good for your physical and mental well-being
Accomplishment Statements & Introduction to Self-Assessment
• Create accomplishment statements to boost your resume
• Understand how to use the career self-assessment questionnaires so that you can identify and present your top skills with confidence
Self-Marketing & Information Interviews
• Explore the key elements of a persuasive marketing message
• Practice self-marketing skills (present your top relevant skills)
• Compile a list of questions that you can use in an information interview
• Practice calling employers and conducting information interviews
• Assess your entrepreneurial ability
• Learn from a women entrepreneurs the strategies and tips to overcome challenges and succeed in career and business
• Explore community resources that may assist you step by step in establishing and growing your business
• Apply the decision making process to a real-life decisions
• Recognize decisions are choices between the alternatives available
Smart Goals and Action Plans
• Create your SMART Goals
• Recognize the purpose and value of an action plan
• Create your own goal and action plan
Communication Skills & Conflict Resolution
• Recognize the building blocks in the communication process
• Define and differentiate between "I" messages and "You" messages
• Practice conflict resolution strategies for effective outcomes
• Gain confidence when dealing with conflict
• Recognize the differences between assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour
• Practice assertive behavior in various situations in personal and professional life
Who is Eligible
Services are available to women who are Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, convention refugees or refugee claimants approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
This is a 3-week program, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm (Monday - Wednesday).Please see below for program locations.
This Program is Located at:
There is no fee for this service.
COSTI's Pathway to Success: Life Skills, Career and Small Business Program for Women is funded by the United Way Toronto & York Region.