Career Opportunity at COSTI
This is a full-time union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
BE A PART OF A DYNAMIC AND DIVERSE ORGANIZATION AS
AN EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANT FOR ITS EMPLOYMENT SERVICES IN VAUGHAN
- Provides employment counselling services to un-/under-employed persons including newcomers, persons with disabilities, seniors, indigenous, disadvantaged youth and adults.
- Conducts intakes and employability assessments with clients using Common Assessment and Employment Service suitability indicators, potential employer requirements and labour market opportunities.
- Obtains and interprets the results of in-depth career and employment assessments of clients using formal assessment tools or external testing resources. Interprets collected data to assist clients in developing their Employment Service Plans utilizing the Employment Ontario Information Systems for tracking client activities follow-ups and outcomes. Administers and records financial supports for clients and employers.
- Assists clients to prepare and meet the objectives of the Better Jobs Ontario and other training Applications.
- Writes rationales for clients seeking Better Jobs Ontario, Job Creation and other training opportunities.
- Conducts Employer Outreach in order to develop placement opportunities for clients in need of employment placement and where appropriate initiates on the job training financial incentives for the employer(s).
- Conducts scheduled follows-up with clients, monitors and supports their progress and job retention to ensure their employment service plans are fulfilled.
- Provides one-on-one assistance in resume/cover letters/interview skills as required.
- Maintains up-to-date job search and social support information and resource materials to support clients and make appropriate referrals as required
- Coaches and provides clients with pre-employment and post-employment mentoring opportunities.
- Maintains complete electronic case notes and service entries throughout the client relationship and compiles written and statistical reports as needed.
- Collaborates with Community and Employer Engagement Representative regarding employer contacts/labour market conditions and client placement options and to support client job retention.
- Develops marketing strategies targeted at specific clients and employers.
- Conducts exit interviews upon employment and monitors client and employer for job retention, feedback on service quality and long-term impact.
- Facilitates structured individual, e-counselling workshops to develop effective job search strategies.
- Assists with job fairs, employer and special events, and other duties as needed.
- Social Services Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Completion of Career and Work Diploma or Social Services Diploma or diploma in Business Administration, Human Resource, or related discipline
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time employment counselling, facilitation and job placement experience.
- Experience working with Case Flo, MLITSD Case Management System (EOIS CaMS), SaMs, or other databases and online employment tools
- Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using teams
- WCG Case Flo an asset
- Must have strong case management and client employment service plan development skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of job creation programs, education and training programs and subsidized training programs.
- Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
- Experience working with youth, internationally trained professional, apprentices, employers and the community.
- Thorough knowledge of job search techniques, strategies, information and resources.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current computer packages: word, email, Teams, internet, access is required.
- Level B Certification in Career Assessment tools is considered an asset.
- Car is necessary for travel as required in York Region.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
|3100 Rutherford Road Unit. 102, Vaughan
Duration of Position:
|December 18, 2023 to Open ended.
Starting Salary Range:
|$54,151 to $58,178 per annum + benefits
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by quoting reference #249-23, and clicking on the below link:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.