Career Opportunity at COSTI
LINC Morning CLB 5-6 Instructor CIS
This is a Part-Time Non-Union contract position scheduled to work 15 hours per week providing in-person instruction to a LINC CLB 5/6 class from Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
COSTI REQUIRES A LINC MORNING CLB 5/6 IN-PERSON INSTRUCTOR
FOR ITS LINC PROGRAM AT NEWMARKET WELCOME CENTRE
- Design, implement and instruct English as a Second Language classes in a LINC program based on the PBLA (Portfolio Based Language Assessment) guidelines.
- Deliver instruction to learners in the classroom onsite and leaners who join in remotely through video conferencing simultaneously when needed.
- Design level-appropriate PBLA based module plans as well as daily lesson plans following the Revised Canadian Language Benchmarks 2012.
- Develop a diversity of course materials integrating real-world-task objectives and activities that are based on the LINC Curriculum Guidelines.
- Provide in-person instruction in the classroom while integrating online resources, Learning Management System (LMS) such as Avenue.ca, and other digital delivery tools such as digital whiteboard, Chromebooks, MS Office programs and the Meeting Owl.
- Conduct on-going needs assessments with learners, assist them in setting learning goals and develop lessons accordingly.
- Design assessment tasks for on-going evaluation of learners’ progress based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA guidelines.
- Coach learners in organizing and updating the PBLA E-Portfolio on Avenue.ca as evidence of their learning progress.
- Prepare learners’ progress reports and conduct one-on-one interviews with learners to provide feedback on learning progress.
- Maintain attendance records and other documentation as required.
- Organize special events to enhance learners’ participation and cultural experience.
- Valid TESL Ontario / OCELT certificate from TESL Ontario.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience teaching English as a Second Language to adult newcomers. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in teaching CLB 5/6.
- In depth understanding of and experience using the Revised Canadian Language Benchmarks 2012 and the LINC Curriculum Guidelines
- Proficient in the application of Zoom, MS Teams, MS Office Programs and online resources in delivery.
- Proficient in integrating digital technology in instruction including Learning Management System, video conferencing platforms, digital equipment applications in the classroom such as Chromebooks, digital whiteboard and remote learners’ immersion tools such as the Meeting Owl.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience providing instruction to in-classroom and remote learners simultaneously.
- Completion of PBLA (Portfolio Based Language Assessment) and Avenue.ca Stage 2 training.
- Ability to adapt teaching methodology to the needs/skill levels of individual learners.
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of adult immigrants and refugees.
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and time management skills.
|16655 Yonge Street, Unit#26, Newmarket
Duration of Position:
|December 11, 2023, to March 29, 2024
Starting Salary Range:
|$39.78 per hour
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting
reference #253-23 to the below link:
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.