Youth Mentoring Program
This program is designed to connect youth (mentees) with community volunteers (mentors) who offer support and encourage youth to develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be. The Mentor-Mentee match will connect for at least two hours a week for 10 weeks via email, telephone, and/or face-to-face.
Why Become a Mentee? Are you in control of your life? Do you know where you are heading and the steps needed to achieve your goals? Mentoring allows you to focus on how you can forward your career. A mentor can provide guidance, support and space for you to think.
These are some reasons for needing a mentor:
- Career planning and progression
- Support if you are coping with problems
- Development of new skills such as leadership or public speaking
Are you ready to be a mentor? Mentoring provides development opportunities for mentors as well as great personal satisfaction. Being a mentor can be challenging, inspiring and enlightening. The recruitment of good mentors is the key to the success of the program, are you:
- Willing to help youth develop and achieve success?
- Prepared to invest time and effort?
- A good listener and able to encourage others?
- Interested in challenging and helping someone to reach further?
- Willing to share your personal knowledge and experiences?
- Willing to keep matters confidential?
See employment services available here
Languages spoken at this location: Arabic | Assyrian | Cantonese | English | Ga | Gujarati | Hebrew | Hindi | Italian | Punjabi | Romanian | Spanish | Swahili | Twi
Mentees will be matched with an appropriate mentor based on the information provided, taking note of the main reason for seeking a mentor. Mentors will be matched with a mentee according to expertise, experience and skills. Once a suitable match has been made, both the mentor and mentee will be contacted and provided with anonymous information about the proposed mentoring partner. If both parties are satisfied with the proposed match, contact details will be exchanged.
The Youth Mentoring Coach will orient both mentor and mentee into the process, arrange an introductory meeting and monitor and support the mentoring process.
Contact Details for:
Youth Mentoring Program
Please see below for program location.
Phone: Please refer to contact information below.
This Program is Located at:
The Youth Mentoring Program is free of charge.
COSTI's Youth Mentoring Program is funded by the United Way Greater Toronto.
View Workshop Calendars
Employment Services Flyer
Employment services still open for business. Your connection to employment. We have five locations to serve you:
- Brampton: call 905-459-8855 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mississauga: call 905-567-0482 or email: email@example.com
- Toronto: call 416-789-7925 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vaughan: call 905-669-5627 or email: email@example.com
- Weston: call 416-588-2240 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download flyer here