Youth Job Connection
Assists youth facing multiple and/or complex barriers to employment build better futures. Youth between ages 15-29 not currently employed, nor in school or training may be eligible for this program.
Interested participants will be assessed to clarify employment goals, develop an employment service plan with the necessary activities and services to meet the specified goals. They will participate in a 60-hour paid pre-employment training component designed to improve their job readiness and life management skills. Following this component, Youth attend a paid job placement for up to six months. Throughout job placement, Youth will have access to one-on-one job coaching & other supports.
As well, they obtain individualized career counselling, leadership and networking opportunities and options to continue educational and occupational studies to achieve their careers goals.
Youth Job Connection offers the four components of intensive employment supports and activities each of which will be available year-round. They are:
- Client Service planning and coordination: which would provide participants with an in depth assessment and an individualized employment development plan.
- Pre-employment Training Workshops: Participants must complete a minimum of 60 hours for which they are paid. These workshops equip participants to participate in the paid job placement component of the program.
- Job Matching, placement and incentives: all participants in the program must participate in a job placement. Maximum duration of job placement is six months. At this phase, Youth apply and enhance Hard/Soft and life management skills equipping themselves for on-going employment.
- Education and Work Transitions Support: not all participants will require or need this component. This component is intended to provide supports to those youths interested in returning to school to further their careers in a particular sector or industry.
Who is Eligible
Services are available to youth between the ages of 15-29 with multiple and/or complex barriers to employment who are residents of Ontario, who are out of school, work and training. Youth Job Connection (YJC) is part of a comprehensive and targeted suite of employment programs and services that the Ontario Government has launched to help young people more effectively across a broader spectrum of needs improve their skills and find work. This includes Youth Job Connection – Summer and Youth Job Link and the existing Employment Service. Youth Job Connection was developed as part of the Ontario government’s renewed Youth Jobs Strategy, as well as our initiative to modernize and transform employment and training programs and services to improve access and provide job seekers and employers with proven, coordinated and targeted services that meet their needs.
Contact Details for:
Youth Job Connection
Please see below for program locations.
Phone: Please refer to contact information below.
This Program is Located at:
There is no fee for this service.
COSTI's Youth Job Connection program is an Employment Ontario Program, funded in part by the Government of Canada.
View Workshop Calendars
Employment Services Flyer
Employment services still open for business. Your connection to employment. We have five locations to serve you:
- Brampton: call 905-459-8855 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mississauga: call 905-567-0482 or email: email@example.com
- Toronto: call 416-789-7925 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vaughan: call 905-669-5627 or email: email@example.com
- Weston: call 416-588-2240 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download flyer here