Career Opportunity at COSTI
Assistant Manager, Shelter Services
COSTI REQUIRES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER FOR ITS EVENING SHELTER SERVICES PROGRAM
These are part time non-union contract positions scheduled to work 14 hours per week on Saturday and Sunday.
Evening shift (3:00pm- 11:00pm).
• Trains, develops and supervises shelter support worker, relief staff and security staff.
• Oversees the delivery and coordination of program services which includes supporting staff and client day to day issues, liaising with city of Toronto’s Central Intake, follow up with hotel management.
• Maintains and update work schedules ensuring proper coverage of every shift and maintaining proper staffing.
• Ensures incident reports and documentation are up to date.
• Supports the hiring and training of new staff.
• Work closely with other Assistant Managers and Manager to ensure smooth daily operations and clear communication provided between the different teams.
• Coordinates/supports the delivery of services to clients.
• Reviews/ensures files and documentation are up to date on data bases used.
• Supports and lead shelter staff in managing crises and high-risk situations.
• Ensures that the centre and its staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures and Toronto Shelter Standards.
• Works with team on developing and updating shelter policies.
• Be available on call for staff emergencies at all times.
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent and related management experience.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience working in a shelter setting is required, with at least one (1) year of experience in supervising shelter programs and staff.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Toronto Shelter Standards.
• Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge in issues facing people experiencing homelessness.
• Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential.
• Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet based database.
• Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset.
• Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR training certificate is required.
• Possession of a valid Naloxone training certificate is required.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
|Hwy 401 and Weston, Etobicoke
Duration of Position:
|June 21, 2021 to December 31, 2021
Starting Salary Range:
|$28.59 to $31.08 per hour
|Shelter Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations experiencing homelessness including but not limited to families, refugees, women fleeing domestic violence and singles. COSTI’s shelters provide clients with a pet friendly dwelling.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #114-21
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.