Career Opportunity at COSTI
COSTI REQUIRES (2) GENERAL COUNSELLORS FOR ITS
HOSTEL SERVICES PROGRAM
This is a full time non-Union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
- Provides initial intake and needs assessments for newly arrived families/ individuals.
- Provides supportive counselling, crises intervention and initial settlement services as well as follow-up services in special needs cases.
- Works one on one with clients to develop a case plan and connect them to supports and services in the community.
- Provides information and referral for income, employment and health settlement services.
- Delivers orientation sessions on hostel rules, and settlement related topics.
- Advocates and case consults with other social service organizations and service providers.
- Provides crisis intervention and counselling e.g. in cases of conflict,
- Documents services and activities in COSTI’s data base system and prepare necessary reports.
- Refers clients to community & social service agencies for additional settlement services support
- Social Services Worker diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Minimum of twelve (12) months experience providing initial settlement, case management and counselling for newcomers
- Identifying settlement needs through initial assessments and basic mental health assessments;
- Referrals to programs and education within COSTI and other social service organizations, such as language training, income support, health supports, etc.;
- Emotional supportive counselling.
- Experience in crises intervention and de-escalation skills
- Priority consideration will be given to those that speak Russian or Ukrainian.
- Demonstrated experience providing services in the following areas; wife and child abuse, resettlement and victims of torture, war and displacement.
- Previous case management experience.
- Knowledge of specific issues facing homeless population and resettled refugees in general.
- Ability to negotiate and advocate with mainstream society and able to intervene during crisis.
- Demonstrated experience in data-entry, documentation and reporting.
- Knowledge of Internet, Email and Windows software e.g. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
- Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR training certificate.
- Possession of a valid Naloxone training certificate
- Must have a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS). The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
|Highway 7 and Leslie Street.
Duration of Position:
|June 1, 2022- Dec 31, 2022
Starting Salary Range:
|$50, 778 to $54, 652 per annum + benefits
|Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #106-22
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.