Career Opportunity at COSTI
COSTI REQUIRES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER FOR ITS
HOSTEL SERVICES PROGRAM
This is a full-time non-Union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week,
Monday- Friday, Morning shift (9:00am-5:00pm)
- Trains, develops and supervises case management team (general and housing counsellors)
- Conducts one on one supervision session and case review sessions with each of the counsellors to ensure proper case planning and proper services are being provided to the clients.
- Manages and distribute the caseload of counsellors.
- Reviews and approves client’s eligibility to different service programs and referrals.
- Oversees the delivery and coordination of program services which includes supporting staff and client day to day issues, liaising with referring partner agency and follow up with hotel management when needed
- Maintains and update work schedules ensuring proper coverage of every shift and maintaining proper staffing.
- Ensures incident reports and documentation are up to date.
- Responds and support clients and counsellors in addressing emergencies, incidences.
- Supports the hiring and training of new staff.
- Works closely with other Assistant Managers and Manager to ensure smooth daily operations and clear communication provided between the different teams.
- Coordinates/supports the delivery of services to clients.
- Reviews/ensures files and documentation are up to date on data bases used.
- Ensures that the center and its staff are following operational policies and procedures
- Works with team on developing and updating program policies
- Be available on call for staff emergencies at all times.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent and related management experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in a shelter setting is required, with at least one (1) year of experience in supervising shelter programs and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge in issues facing refugees and newcomers
- Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential.
- Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet-based database.
- Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset.
- Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR training certificate is required.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
|Hwy 401 and Dixon Rd.
Duration of Position:
|June 1, 2022- Dec 31, 2022
Starting Salary Range:
|$52, 556 to $57, 145 per annum + benefits
|This position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
If you are interested, please quote Reference #113-22
and send your resume with a covering letter to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
"We thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please."
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.