COSTI's Eviction Prevention Services focus on housing loss prevention, or are available to low-income individuals and families residing in the North York area who are on the verge of being evicted due to rent arrears and people who need help with paying the first and last month rent. Individuals and families who qualify may be eligible for financial assistance through the Rent Bank Program, Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP), or Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP).
See housing flyer here.
- Access to information on tenants’ rights and responsibilities
- Intake for the Rent Bank program interest-free-loans to eligible households for rental arrears or for first and last month rental deposits
- Referrals and advocacy to access Housing Stabilization Fund
- Financial Literacy sessions offered individually and in groups
- Referrals to Community Legal Clinics and other resources
Staff at this location speak: Albanian, Arabic, Farsi, French, Greek, Italian, Polish, Turkish, Twi, Russian and Spanish. Other languages may be made available upon request.
Who is Eligible
Services are available to anyone residing in the North York area who is under-housed, at risk of becoming homeless and/or who faces cultural, linguistic, and socio-economic barriers to suitable housing.
Contact Details for:
This Program is Located at:
There is no service fee for this program.
COSTI's Eviction Prevention program is funded by the City of Toronto, Homeless Initiatives Fund, and the United Way Greater Toronto.