Planning for Canada (PfC) Program
Planning for Canada, provides pre-arrival services to economic and family class immigrants before coming to Canada. COSTI is a Provincial Advisor, helping immigrants prepare for their move, settlement and employment in Canada.
Services are available for free and offered in person, in India and Philippines in English, or online world-wide, in English or French.
Planning for Canada offers a three-step program:
- A Group Orientation session that provides a general overview of living and working in Canada;
- A Personalized Planning Session to discuss the client’s main settlement and employment needs and assets, resulting in a personalized Action Plan based on their province of destination;
- Connections to in-Canada organizations that will provide tailored settlement and career support based on the clients’ occupation and destination.
Since 2007, Planning for Canada has helped with the pre-arrival and post-arrival needs of over 55,000 individuals looking to make Canada home.
As a provincial partner, COSTI PfC’s Advisors provide supportive services to clients before they arrive in Canada. These services include:
- Responding to settlement questions regarding housing, schooling, education, language training, finances and more, in the client’s province and city of destination.
- Further assessing the client’s employment needs and provide additional resources and options, including more detailed labor market information in the province of destination and employer connections, as relevant.
- Offering guidance for regulated occupations, including licensing process and referrals to regulatory bodies and/or exploring alternate career options
- Helping clients enroll in online bridging and mentoring programs, if available
- Providing e-learning tools/modules to help clients build, or enhance their existing skills
- Providing other referrals within their province and city of destination.
- Facilitating access to online newcomer services such as Orientation to Ontario (O2O) and employment assistance programs, such as COSTI Employment Online Services.
- Connecting clients with local settlement service and/or employment service agencies in the city of destination for post-arrival support.
- connecting clients with local community services and volunteer organizations, places of worship, furniture banks, ethnic and cultural associations.
Who is Eligible
- Clients who have applied for immigration to Canada, under the economic and family class
- Clients who have received IRCC’s approval of their immigrant application
- Clients who have not arrived in Canada
Director Holly Skelton shares how Planning for Canada’s globally-accessible services help immigrants prepare for their move, settlement and employment in Canada right from when they are still in their home countries. Their online and on-location teams understand each immigrant’s specific concerns, provide answers and resources, connect them to local agencies and give them a glimpse of the Canadian culture. Watch this interview to find out more.
This Program is Located at:
Planning for Canada