COSTI’s Volunteer/Mentorship program is designed to assist immigrant and refugee women, without traditional work experience and with minimum marketable skills. Through their participation in the program, homeless clients and the ‘hidden’ homeless clients are given an opportunity to gain work experience, in a not-for profit, social service setting. The Volunteer/Mentorship program helps immigrants address the systemic barriers that prevent them from accessing full-time employment and an improved financial situation.
- One-to-one and group counselling
- Orientation to the work place
- Mentoring activities and job shadowing
- Volunteer placement
- Child minding respite
- TTC tickets
- Life skills training: money management, stress/assertiveness/self-awareness/Canadian culture in the workplace/housing search skills/internet and computer skills
Staff at this location speak Albanian, English, Greek, Arabic and Spanish. Other languages can be made available upon request.
Who is Eligible
Services are available to all immigrant and visible minority women residing in the Greater Toronto area.
Monday – Wednesday: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Thursday and Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Contact Details for:
This Program is Located at:
There is no fee for this service.
View Workshop Calendars
Programs & Services Available at COSTI for Women
COSTI offers a number of progams and services to help immigrant women deal with the many unique and specific challenges they face. Services include:
- individual counselling;
- a Drop-In centre for women who are homeless or near-homeless;
- employment counselling and placement;
- settlement services; and
- language training services.
Please refer to the Program and Services section of this website for more detailed information.